- Adhesives & Sealants
- Asia Pacific
- Authority & Legal
- Bakery & Snacks
- Bottling, Canning & Cartoning
- Colors & Flavors
- Convenience Foods
- Design & Print
- Fats & Oils
- Food Safety
- Functional & Fortification
- Health & Wellness
- Labeling, Coding & Marking
- Middle East
- Natural & Organic
- Rest of the world
SIG has clinched its first deal in India with Kandhari Beverage, where the latter will offer its mango drink brand Maaza Refresh in combiblocXSlim carton packs (125 and 150 ml). With almost 1.3 billion people, India is the most populous country on earth. According to OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook 2018-2027, India is the largest milk producer in the world with around...
ProMach has acquired Code Tech Corporation, a provider of inkjet marking and coding solutions for companies in a variety of industries. Based in Princeton, New Jersey, US, Code Tech expands ProMach’s growing lineup of thermal inkjet (TIJ) solutions. Code Tech provides date coding, track and trace, serialization, and anti-counterfeiting solutions for the pharmaceutical, medical device, food and beverage, building materials,...
Kerry Logistics Network Limited and luxury meat purveyor in Hong Kong and Macau, Sutherland Company Limited, have set up a meat processing facility, MeatLab. The partnership will allow Kerry Logistics to combine its cold chain logistics expertise with Sutherland’s professional know-how in the meat industry to establish Hong Kong’s first world-class semi-automated meat processing plant, as well as to further...
Smurfit Kappa Roermond Paper Mill’s integrated steam system has reduced its carbon dioxide (CO2) footprint by a further 3% in 2018. The steam project is part of an ongoing intensive energy and CO2 reduction program at the mill which has achieved a specific CO2 emission reduction of 23% since 2005. The facility runs three paper machines to produce recycled paper for...
Maternal nutrition is a hot new opportunity in emerging markets, according to a Zenith Global report. In many parts of Asia, the concept of optimal nutrition during the first 1,000 days of a baby’s life (from conception to two years old) is capturing the attention of mothers and their families. The report states maternal nutrition products, formulated to meet the needs...
Azelis has bought the distribution activities of MK Ingredients & Specialties and SSD Industries (MK) in India. The Indian distributor is a family owned company, whose employees and management will join Azelis. MK covers food applications such as confectionery, bakery and dairy. Non-food segments include paints and coatings as well as chemicals for industrial markets. Azelis will also take over...
DuPont Nutrition & Health and Lonza Specialty Ingredients will partner for the former to make and supply CARE4U 2’-FL – a human milk oligosaccharide (HMOs). "By engaging strategically with Lonza, DuPont will be able to accelerate commercialization and offer high-quality HMOs to customers and prospects," said John Rea, global business unit leader, cultures, probiotics, food protection, HMO & Fibers, DuPont...
Fonterra's global ingredients brand NZMP has picked the top five consumer trends in 2019, based on industry observers and reports. They are digestive wellness, snacking as an occasion in its own right, ethics goes 360, total wellbeing and adventurous consumption. "At a macro level, these trends are driven by a changing global demographic, rapid urbanization and rising wealth," says Alex Turnbull,...
Olam has bought 85% shares of YTS Holdings for a consideration of USD$90 million, the sole owner of PT. Bumitangerang Mesindotama (BT Cocoa). The remaining 15% of shares are to be held by the founding members of BT Cocoa, Piter Jasman and family. The acquisition will add 120,000 mt of cocoa bean processing capacity and 30,000 mt of cocoa mass pressing...
The Thai Food and Drug administration has recently granted regulatory approval to MicroGARD 100 and MicroGARD 200 as food protection ingredients by maintaining product quality and reducing premature spoilage of food products. Both fermentates by DuPont Nutrition & Health inhibit gram negative bacteria, and certain yeasts and molds in products such as dairy, culinary and bakery applications. "It is very important...