International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (IFF) has published its 2014 sustainability report that details the company’s continuing commitment to the Triple Bottom Line, with initiatives that strengthen corporate, social and environmental responsibility throughout the organization for the calendar year 2014.
“Like so many of our partners and customers, we are faced with pervasive mega trends that cannot be overlooked: global climate change, water scarcity, increasing world populations and health and wellness needs,” said Andreas Fibig, chairman and CEO.
“While our achievements to date are undoubtedly significant, challenges remain.”
“We are focusing on addressing these challenges while embedding sustainability further within our corporate strategy, our culture and into everything we do at IFF.”
Entitled Cultivating the Future, the highlights of the report include:
• Recognized by CDP for leadership in climate disclosure,
• Surpassed the company’s 2020 water reduction goal of 25% and increased the goal to 50%,
• Completed installation of the largest solar array in the flavors and fragrances industry by partnering with a solar supplier,
• Institutionalized commitment to the 12 Principles of Green Chemistry, an important differentiator in product design, by expanding training to our scientists and engineers globally,
• Increased commitment to responsible sourcing through the purchase of Natural Ethics vanilla beans from Madagascar and supported the construction of a local primary school,
• Achieved Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) Supply Chain Certification for key facilities in the US, the UK and the Netherlands,
• Achieved For Life Social Responsibility certification for IFF-LMR Naturals and its partner in Turkey.
The report was prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative’s G4 Core sustainability reporting guidelines.