Alfa Laval upgrades its ALTB agitator with bottom support that can be sized for almost any application in both atmospheric and pressurized tanks, providing high flexibility in mechanical design.
The bottom support offers:
– Lower friction, resulting in reduced wear groove and longer life-time,
– Rotation independent: Safe operation with no risk of parts breaking,
– Hygienic design according to European Hygienic Engineering and Design Group or EHEDG guidelines for superior product safety,
– Temperature resistant up to 150°C: Less expansion, remaining tight at high temperature differences,
– Improved hygienic design: Easier to install, clean, inspect and maintain. No lifting of shaft, and
– Energy efficient design.
Meanwhile, the Alfa Laval EnSaFoil impellers, as well as the Alfa Laval EnSaFerm impellers for fermentation use, reduce energy consumption and the absorption of heat by the product.
Based on extensive fluid dynamic studies, their shapes make them up to 400% more efficient than impellers with a standard pitch.
Compared to agitators with conventional impellers, the machines lower agitator power consumption by up to 80%.