The North American edition of the Sustainable Foods Summit in San Francisco, US from January 20 to 22, 2016 will cover clean label developments, sustainable packaging, environmental footprints, and the impact of new technologies on food ingredients.
For the first time, the agenda comprises four sessions and two workshops over three days. Organized by Organic Monitor, the summit begin with a keynote on plant-based proteins.
Other highlights include:
– the potential of edible insects to meet the looming ‘proteins gap’,
– ‘mushroom technology’ changing the profile of grains and sweeteners,
– clean label ingredients from waste by-products,
– market data on gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and related products,
– genetically modified food labeling in the US, and
– sustainable packaging solutions.