The Taste of Israel Pavilion will present products developed by 20 Israeli companies at Anuga 2015 in Cologne, Germany.
The Israel Export Institute reports that Israel’s food and beverage sales exported to Asia hit US$108 million in just the first half of 2015—an increase of 12% compared to the first half of 2014.
Exports to Asia are about one-fourth of total Israeli food and beverages export.
“Israel is a global leader in high-tech, medical devices and biotechnology,” says Caroline Nave, the institute’s food and beverage manager.
“Yet extensive know-how, research and product innovation are among the success factors of the Israeli food and beverage industry, too.”
The company highlights include the following:
– Carmel Agrexco’s all-natural cashew butter spread,
– Dodot’s Shelley Anne’s Crackers that are made with a mix of whole grains, seeds and water,
– Sanlakol’s hummus spreads and dips,
– Rushdi Food Industries’ its “on-the-go” healthy sesame snacks, based on the sweet Middle Eastern delicacy, halvah.
– Ceremonie Tea’s citronella green tea includes Sencha green tea, lemongrass, and lemon verbena.