As the implementation deadlines for the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act or FSMA are going into effect for the food industry, 3M Food Safety team and Neumann Risk Services will hold a webinar series on implementation and compliance.
Titled From Rules to Tools, the webinar series will cover four topics on implementing FSMA across the food industry.
The first webinar of the series titled Hazards Analysis and Preventive Controls was held on April 6, 2017.
FSMA is the most extensive reform of food safety laws in the US in more than 70 years.
After the seven foundational rules were finalized over 2015 and 2016, the food industry must now start integrating FSMA rules to ensure they are compliance with the new law.
Each webinar will include a live Q&A. After conclusion, the webinars will be available on-demand at the 3M Health Care Academy.
The webinars will provide information on:
– the challenges and hurdles companies are facing in operationalizing the Preventive Controls rules and other FSMA rules,
– how they overcame challenges they faced, and
– how companies can streamline their implementation and execution of food safety plans, supply chain programs, and other FSMA-driven programs.
Details of the remaining webinars are as follow:
– Supply Chain Preventative Controls and Foreign Supplier Verification Program (June 20, 2017)
– Process, Allergen and Sanitation Preventative Controls (September 12, 2017)
– Panel Discussion (on November 7, 2017)
Individuals can register for the webinars online.