Smurfit Kappa has won five 2017 WorldStar Awards, for the company’s EMEA network and are comprised of winners from Poland, the Czech Republic, Austria and Denmark.
The winning designs include the following:
– Poland: an Ice Box that allows fast and easy opening and long-lasting freshness.
The product is attractive, eco-friendly and designed for easy transport.
– Poland: SoFruBox that keeps fruit fresh and unspoilt during transportation.
– Czech Republic: a Levitating Player that protects high-quality audio electronics with its unique ‘levitating’ packaging design.
– Denmark: Transportation packaging for bended aluminum sheets that reduces raw material and increasing the number of pallets that can be transported at any one time.
– Austria: Flexible Book Packaging that protects items during transportation, reducing damage and resulting in less carbon dioxide emissions due to fewer returns.
In judging the awards, the World Packaging Organisation reviewed 291 entries from 35 countries.