The British Retail Consortium (BRC) has released the new issue 5 of BRC Global Standard for packaging and packaging material.
BRC Packaging standard is a set of requirements for organizations on how to implement a packaging to increase food safety, reduce costs and improve Hazards Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)-based hygiene practices.
The BRC Packaging System Documentation Toolkit, from Globalmanagergroup, provides a set of pre-written templates that meet the BRC packaging requirements of the Issue 5 released in July 2015.
The kit has been developed to encourage businesses to develop their ‘packaging safety’ management systems.
It does this with:
• A HACCP packaging safety policy,
• A planned Packaging Management System,
• Procedures for the implementation and operation of the BRC global standard for packaging safety,
• Procedures for checking and measuring performance of the BRC IoP issue 5, and
• Documented management review and actions to improve the hygienic packaging processing practices.