McCormick & Company and Olam Spices & Vegetable Ingredients received first place honors PMMI’s Sustainability Excellence in Manufacturing Awards recently at Food Engineering’s Food Automation & Manufacturing Conference and Expo in Fort Myers, Florida, US.
The peer-reviewed awards, presented by the OpX Leadership Network, recognize facilities for projects or programs that improve sustainability efforts in food, beverage or consumer product manufacturing operations, focusing on pollution prevention, compliance assurance and environmental protection.
The award winning companies’ diverse projects and programs include:
• First Place: McCormick & Company – Net Zero Energy Use
• Second Place: Smithfield Foods – Water Reuse
• Third Place (tie): Snyder’s-Lance, Inc. – Wastewater Project, Clean Discharge
• Third Place (tie): Sunny Delight Beverages Co. – Power Quality and Conservation
• First Place: Olam Spices & Vegetable Ingredients – Water Use Reduction in Tomato Processing
• Second Place: Musco Family Olive Co. – Ethical Sourcing of Products
• Third Place (tie): Big Heart Pet Brands – Community Engagement
• Third Place (tie): Sunny Delight Beverages Co. – Packaging Materials Reduction
The OpX Leadership Network was founded by PMMI in 2011 to ensure consumer packaged goods companies and original equipment manufacturers are well-connected and well-prepared to solve common operational challenges, make smarter decisions and achieve operational excellence.