The rapid growth of liquid water enhancers as an on-the go product across the US has encouraged manufacturers to target the same market in the UK, according to a Canadean survey of 2,000 UK adults, which was conducted in September 2014.
It says the rising consumer demand for more adventurous and exciting ways to pep up drinking water has led to an increase in the number of flavored water enhancers in the market.
Manufacturers have primarily positioned liquid water enhancers around on-the-go consumption.
However, Canadean data shows that most UK consumers use liquid water enhancers at home rather than on-the-go.
The challenge for brands is to ensure the growth of this emerging product by focusing on actual consumer needs instead of applying pre-conceived marketing strategies.
Its research shows that:
- Only 44% of consumers are aware of flavored water enhancers;
- 66% of buyers have been using the product for less than two months;
- 41% think that liquid water enhancers look expensive and 34% assume they can get more servings from a regular bottle of cordial;
- Consumers have health concerns when it comes to liquid water enhancers; and
- 30% of survey buyers say they purchase flavored water enhancers for their children.